The 2013 Timi-Kurm Inaugural Festival organized by Terra Marine Research Institute in partnership with Jungle Lodges Resorts- Karwar, District Science Centre,Tarang Resorts, Amrita Herbals Extracts and Research Centre, FSL-India, and Devbag Fishing Community is just 2 days away!
Dates: Oct 18-20, 2013
Venue: District Science Centre and Tarang Resorts, Karwar
See event schedule (previous post) for additional details.
- Introduction to whales, dolphins, and sea turtles
- Eco-trips such as dolphin watching trips, observation of specially cultivated aromatic, rare, and medicinal plants, mangrove trips, birds and insect life in Devbag forest
- Scuba demo
- Nature documentaries
- Primer on marine mammal and sea turtle stranding response
- Guest presentations on whale sharks, lions, getting creative with waste, sea turtle awareness efforts, mangrove ecology, and more…
- Handicrafts, artwork and other stalls
- Traditional cuisine from Karwar and South India
- Dance performance by local artists